Would you like to become a Menzis customer? We are more than glad to have you!
When can you switch?
Have you cancelled your health insurance yourself before 31 December? You can apply for health insurance with us until January 31st the next year. Your insurance will start on January 1st of that year.
Sometimes you can switch during the year.
Choose your insurance
What do I need ?
Switching is easy.This is what you need to do:
- Make sure you have your Citizen Service Number (in Dutch: "burgerservicenummer" or "BSN"). You can find it on your IDcard
- You can join a group insurance for great discount and extra services
- You can choose an additional insurance
- You can inform us who your current insurancecompany is. We will cancel it for you
For peace of mind: policy cooling-off period
If you have second thoughts regarding your insurance, you can cancel within 14 days after having received your policy. The period of 14 days is called the "policy cooling-off period".
A Basic Health Insurance is required by law for everyone who lives in The Netherlands and is over 18.
If you need an insurance, we recommend submitting an application as soon as possible:
- If we receive your application within 4 months after you have to be insured, you will be registered retroactively. You will then also be entitled to reimbursement for healthcare costs over this period
- If we receive your application too late (not within 4 months you need to be insured), you will be insured as from the date we received your application. You will not be reimbursed for healthcare costs over the past 4 months
You can only take out additional insurance with Menzis if you have a Basic Health Insurance