Choose your health insurance
Do you prefer to find out for yourself which health insurance suits you best? Then calculate your premium online and compare our insurances. Find out
- which insurance suits best to your situation
- which premium you have to pay
I want to cancel my insurance
I am forced to cancel my insurance
Sometimes you have to cancel your insurance. This occurs when you
- live in the Netherlands and work abroad for a foreign employer
- emigrate to a foreign country
- live abroad and stop working in the Netherlands
I want to pay less premium
There are several ways to reduce the amount of your premium.
Please note that the government has set the deductible at € 385. This is the same for every healtcare insurer. The coverage within the Basic health insurance is also the same for each insurer.
You can check if one of our other insurances better suits your personal situation
Higher voluntary deductible
Have you considered taking a higher voluntary deductible? This way you reduce your premium. A higher voluntary deductible is appropriate if you do not expect to need a lot of care.
You can also get a price advantage through collective discounts such as the Leefkracht collective.
I want more service
Service is important to Menzis. We listen to the opinion of our policyholders. Everywhere, expecially on the phone, social media an our forum MedeMenz. Do you have a bad experience? Let us know. Maybe we can improve something.
I do not agree with the terms and conditions
You can cancel your insurance if Menzis changes the terms and conditions and the new conditions are unfavourable for you. We must receive your cancellation within 30 days after we have informed you of the change.
How do I cancel my health insurance?
Are you switching to a new health insurer on 1 January?
In that case, your new healthcare insurer will cancel the Menzis insurance. You do not have to do anything yourself. Note: Do you still have a premium arrears? Then you will not be able to switch to another healthcare insurer.
In other cases, you can cancel your insurance as of 1 January
This can be done by telephone or via any other channel by 31 December before 23:59 at the latest. Please note: you must get a new healthcare insurance before 1 February. The new healthcare insurance will then take effect as from 1 January.
Cancel insurance during the year
You can cancel your insurance during the year if:
- You are insured with Menzis, but you are nog the policyholder. For example, in the event of a divorce or if you are goint to live independently. Have your registered with another healthcare insurer? If so, they will terminate the insurance with Menzis on your behalf on the first day of the following month.
- You are collectively insured with Menzis through your employer and wish to switch to a collective insurance of another healthcare insurer through your new employer. We must be notified within 30 days of your new employment.
- You do not want to agree to insurance terms and conditions modified by Menzis. We must receive your cancellation within 30 days after we have informed you of the change. You cannot cancel your insurance if the changes are due to changes in the law.
You must cancel your insurance during the year when:
- You live in the Netherlands and start working for a foreign employer abroad
- You emigrate abroad
- You live abroad and stop working in the Netherlands